Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sometime's My Kids Crack Me Up!

So we are busy getting ready for school, another two hour late start. Lunches are made, kids are playing and I jump in the shower. As I'm busy getting ready I hear the microwave. Hmm, I think. I come down stairs and here is the conversation:

Me: What are you warming up?

Joey: Pasta

Me: Why?

Joey: For lunch.

Me: Was it good?

Joey: Mom, it's for lunch.

Me: Is it in your lunch box?

Joey: (Looking at me with that look.) Yes, it's for lunch.

Me: Where is the sandwich I made you... ah, Joey... Won't that be cold by lunchtime?

Joey: Moooom (in that sing-song voice), I warmed it up!

Me: (Stefan looking at me as we are both about to crackup) Oh, do you think it will be any good.

Joey: Idunno...

Me: Don't forget you have a sandwich... just in case. (I smile all the way to the next room.)

3:45... Kids off the bus

Me: How was your day... How was your lunch.

Joey: Smiles... Cold pasta isn't very good.

We all laugh!

1 comment:

Karmyn R said...

hahahaha! Good one! Lesson well learned.