Friday, January 18, 2008

Knitting is relaxing...

I've decided that I want to learn to knit. Okay... off to the library to find a book. There are many to choose from, so I choose two.... one written for kids, the other written for teenagers. I smile and think, yeah, that's about my level for this craft. I browse through them once home and decide to call Rita and ask her to just teach me. I'm such a wimp!

Rita was so patient. Here she is, lying in a hospital bed, nervous for her surgery and I pull out the wool and knitting needles. My hands were a mess... I felt like a complete spaz, yet at the same time it was very humbling. So with my tongue sticking out of my mouth I keep repeating in my head.... Patience, go slowly... (BTW, Rita's "port" surgery went very well. She is off to cross off the next items on her list.) Oma's quote had to be the best... It's like having two broom sticks in your hand. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I will conquer knitting. And, I will be relaxed :)

No comments: