Friday, May 2, 2008

Whew... what a week!

Somehow, I think that I've said that before! It is all fun, but boy was I excited for a Friday with NOTHING on the schedule. Oh, there were things that I wanted to do... but I didn't! I was rebellious. Joey headed off to school. Stefan slept until after 9a. Then he and Emmi just chilled. I made massive phone calls... fall soccer, fall soccer coach, summer soccer for Emmi, Sand/Dirt delivery, whew. Then Joe called... we decided to meet for lunch. The four of us had lunch at the Bamboo Hut... it's healthy Asian cuisine. Stefan had fried rice w/ yummy chicken. Emmi shared my rice noodles and chicken and Joe had another type of noodle and chicken.

Joe headed home and the kids and I wandered across the parking lot to the library. We gathered our books and headed to the bank and then to the Goodwill drop off truck. Next stop the video store... Joey really wants to see Indiana Jones. They didn't have the first one, so instead we rented Flushed Away, again. Finally, home (we were only gone for 1 1/2 hours).

Joe was asleep on the couch. Emmi and Stefan snuggled in to watch their movie and I headed to my bedroom to watch a movie, but instead slept. I had a ton of stuff I should have done, but that nap had to be the best ever. It felt so good. I putzed around the garage for awhile, got Joey from the bus, helped make dinner and the boys headed off to baseball practice. What to do... cut the grass. It was long and little damp, so it took awhile. Then I edged. Emmi played happily in the sandbox.

What a day... tomorrow brings swim lessons, baseball pictures and a baseball game. Then I get to build a new planter bed. The Yard store delivers my sand and dirt on Sunday. I think I'm in for a little work!

No comments: