Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ear Trouble

Poor Stefan woke in the middle of the night sobbing about his ear. I knew immediately that he must have an ear infection, but there isn't much one can do at 1:30am. So, I gave him 1/2 of an ibuprofen (which he can swallow... you know what a mile stone that is) and held him for 15 minutes so he could calm down and let the medicine kick in. Then it was back to bed for him.

Off to the Doctor this morning and I mention that he complained of his throat hurting. They sent him to the lab for a strep test. None of my kids have ever had this done (amazing since I had them done frequently as a child.) He gagged and cried and I promised him a milkshake. Then back into the office, where they confirmed the ear infection. Doctor thinks it has everything to do with how back allergies are this year. So, he spent the afternoon with Daddy. I made it to work with only 5 minutes to spare. What a day.

In all of the middle of the night excitement, the tooth fairy forgot to come. Yes, Stefan lost another tooth. That is three teeth in 1 week. This one is from the bottom. Maybe the tooth fairy will have better luck tonight!

No comments: