Saturday, May 10, 2008

New Project

Edited to add: This new garden area will house vegetables. In the bricks along the back (oh, I guess I need to take another picture) I am transplanting some strawberries. I also have zucchini, tomatoes, cucumber, and green peppers. I'm looking forward to adding lettuce, cilantro, basil and Italian parsley.
I decided I was ready for a new, sunny garden spot. I took out the trusty hose and decided on the shape (with Joe's help) and began to dig. The digging only took about an hour, but it was a lot of work. I headed to Home Depot to get the bricks for the edge and called to have sand and dirt delivered to the house. The sand and dirt arrived before I'd finished with the edging. The kids helped with the sand, with most of it headed to the sand box.

I'll post the final pictures as soon as I take them.

1 comment:

The Parsons said...

Can't wait to see the finished bed. What type of plants are you going to plant there?