Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break Fun!

It has been hoppin' around here this week. LOTS of play dates, sleepovers, sewing and cleaning/organizing.

Monday... played with friends at there house after lounging in our jammies for the morning and baseball practice.

Tuesday... Eye appointments, library, a few groceries, house cleaning and dinner with an old friend, Gary, who has moved to China. We hadn't seen him since our wedding day, almost 11 years ago. So much fun to catch up with him and see pictures of his beautiful family.

Wednesday... Organizing and playing... decent weather... switched kids for a sleepover. I had the boys, she had the girls. We took Jeep for a walk on the "back-side" of the campus. It is a big field with a path that goes into the woods to a creek for great rock throwing. The kids rented a movie, goosebumps which is NOT scary enough for three boys. I sewed new napkins while the boys tried to go to sleep. The good news is that I made 8 new napkins.

Thursday... kids played - gorgeous day. Off to Burgerville for lunch and to switch back kids. As we are ready to load up... Stefan comes out with his front tooth in his hand. They boys were having a pillow fight and "sleepover friends" knee ended up in Stefan's mouth. No big deal... the tooth was already loose.

Left Joe power washing the back patio.

I began cleaning the garage, uh. Mandy dropped by with Calvin and Ammon and they kids played for a few hours. I then went back to cleaning the garage. (I didn't take a picture.) Joe showered and I found him like this...
it's his vacation look! So funny... We had managed to get a last minute babysitter for an adult dinner with our friend Gary. Gary had been on the river all day fishing and was exhausted (as were we) so we all decided it was best to cancel. I let the babysitter go, Joe fished around in the freezer and came up with a delicious dinner, but before we could get it on the table... it was getting late, 7:30, we found this...

Two late nights in a row... little Em was exhausted. (That reminds me, we also moved the Futon couch out of the boys room this morning and put it in the family room. It really frees up some space for the boys to play.)

Whew, what a week so far... it's Friday morning... I wonder what the weekend will hold!

1 comment:

Karmyn R said...

Last time I saw Joe he did have a beard like that - sort of.

I wish my daughter had crashed out like that in the evening during spring break. Nope - she was too excited and wouldn't go to sleep until 10 every night. We have a new nickname: Crabby Patty.