Friday, February 15, 2008

I was told...

to open the "fridge" to see my surprise. That peeked my interest; especially since I was at school, closing out my classroom for the weekend, in a panic that I would be late to get Joey off the bus and I called dear hubby to see if he could get home quickly to get Joey. Before I could ask he said... when you get home look in the "fridge". (Then he said yes he could get to Joey, however, I ended up getting out of the building to get him myself.) I screeched into the garage and had to run in the house to check the "fridge" before I went to get Joey. This is what I found...I was so excited! I love our "pretend" date nights (as we call them) when we get takeout and sit at home and relax. (Let me clarify that it wasn't presented as see... that is the magic of pictures on the internet!) Joe was in a paper mill close to where we get our "pretend" date night take-out sushi... it didn't matter to me that it was a made up holiday... it could have been a normal Thursday... I was thrilled.

On about our crazy evening we went... kids dinner... piano lessons for Joey and Stefan (which they loved and have both already practiced this morning) and music class for Emmi. Finally, HOME! Time for sushi. Joe placed it on the crisp, white platter... I poured the Saki and we sit down with 3 children ready to sample. Wait... did I say 3 children... YES! They paraded on our pretend date... they all wanted to try it. Emmi tried Ginger... not a fan. Joey tried Wasabi and Ginger... not a fan. Stefan had California rolls dipped in the "stuff" (soy sauce) and ginger. He liked both and kept coming back for more. He even tried the eel... it was okay, not his favorite. I guess we won't be pulling one over on the kids any more. It's just a matter of time before they all like it.

No comments: