Monday, February 11, 2008

Cough....

Joey's been coughing forever... or so it seems. Last night he had a horrible attack... panicked, couldn't breathe, etc. He finally feel asleep about 10:30pm. He went to school, but I decided I would take him in to see the Dr. when he returned. We headed out... it was finally our turn to check in and the fire alarm went off. My response... Is this a joke? Everyone had to exit the building (at least it wasn't raining). Back in side... we wait... finally see the Dr. and he checks Joey over... he looks at me and asks if Joey blows his nose. I chuckle as this is quite a point of contention between Joey and I. I tell the doctor "NO". He looks at Joey and says you either blow your nose or your mom needs to syringe it out. Joey looks puzzled... I explain to him what the syringe is... remember the blue thing I used to stick up Em's nose as a baby... He gets a worried look.
The doctor and I both told him several times... blow your nose or else the syringe. You see, he refused to blow... so everything runs down the back of his throat, his tonsils get irritated and thus the horrible coughing. Guess what Joey did? He asked for a tissue!

No comments: