Sunday, June 1, 2008

This and That

Since Joe was returning from a trip Friday night, the kids and I spent the evening at MAC. I dropped Joey off at swim practice, Emmi and Stefan at daycare (success) and I got in a quick workout. I headed back to swim practice for the mock-meet and Joey informed me that he was not swimming; although he wouldn't give me a reason why. Finally, his swim coach came over to explain that he had a lot of ear pain while swimming and was only able to swim 2 laps... most likely swimmers ear. Poor baby.

We decided that he would get warmed up and watch the meet. He sat with his buddies that were swimming. He had a great time and it really helped him to watch a meet as opposed to swim in it the first time. He saw his friends having fun no matter if they came in first or last place. He left with a smile and I think he'll be ready for the next one. Now, to get his ear cleared up!

It was also the last Family Fun night, so we headed to the gym to play on the inflatables. The kids loved it and then got hungry. So we headed to the Family Fun buffet to eat where the kids spotted the rock climbing wall... "I want to do that!" was heard by Stefan and Joey. So, off we went to rock climb. The boys got harnessed in and waited their turn. They each made it to the very top at least once and climbed 3 times each. I now have rock climbers... my goodness! Needless to say, they slept well :)

Baseball Saturday morning... they are improving and having fun.



Then, we headed to Newberg to watch Nicolette pitch in a softball tournament. They played a team of 14 year old girls (they are 12) and beat them! It was very fun to watch Nic... I was so proud of her. She is a great pitcher!


No comments: