Monday, September 28, 2009

4 soccer games, but only pictures of 1

I got out of class early tonight, so I thought I'd post a few soccer pictures!

Joe and I had to "divide and conquer" our soccer weekend. I was on the field with Stefan and Emmi from 8:30 until 2ish (we had team photos, so it was a much longer day). Joe took Joey to his game in Portland.

Since I coach both Emmi & Stefan's team, I can't take photos. I'll have to have Joe do that before the season is over. I can say that they both played awesome! Stefan began the day with 1 goal and many shots on goal. The team actually looked like a team and I was proud and... we won!

Emmi's team played well. Have the team has never played before, so it has been challenging at times. Emmi scored a goal (in fact I think it was the first goal of the game). I was proud. All of the girls worked hard and although we don't officially keep score... the girls won!

On Sunday, Joey had another game and this one was in Warrenton (close to Astoria). This is as far as we travel this fall for him, so I buddied up with another family and we headed out. It was a gorgeous day! Joey commanded the left side of the field (that comment was from his coach). They won 6-0... and, Joey almost scored twice. After the game most of the team headed to Fort Stevens to play on the beach and enjoy the gorgeous day. We had to head back, but we did let the boys enjoy the sad for 40 minutes.


Look at our boy run!

Setting the ball for a corner kick.

The kick... not a great photo of it.

Ooops... that's not Joey, but a boy named Thomas... he's new to the team and he's a good little player!

Do you see him... #9... This was his kick on goal... it missed, he was bummed, but it was pretty close!

Coach Mark, with several team players on the beach. He organized a game of touch football for the boys. They had a blast!

Joey


Joey playing shirtless... he had a great day!

1 comment:

Tante said...

Love the news Angela. Thank You.