Monday, November 3, 2008

Bragging Moment

Saturday, both Joey and Stefan had soccer games at 9am. I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to watch Joey play, but I was lucky enough to get to coach Stefan. As I looked across the field, I saw that Joey was in the goalie box... my heart sank. Don't get me wrong, he does a great job as goalie, but it always makes me nervous. Joe walked over after awhile to say that Joey was doing great... one goal went by that he couldn't have stopped and another went by and he was daydreaming... of course we chuckle over our family joke of ... "no lunch for you".

The second half begins and Joey is on the field playing. Joe walks over again and says... Joey has scored 4 goals. No way... he's only been playing for 5 minutes. Stefan's game ends (which was a good game... they boys played well... Stefan had some great shots, but they just weren't going in) I run over to Joey's game to see in score again... of course I begin cheering loudly. Then, he scores again. All in all, he scored 7 times during while only playing half of the game on the field. (One of his goals was called back.) He was elated. He was so proud of himself. But, you know what made me proud... he never gloated, not once. In fact, later as we talked he said... that was awesome... now I need to do that against that "other" team. He was referring to the team that beat us 9-1. Whew... what a game!

No comments: