Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day (a week late)

The boys were so excited to start school. They were up and ready to go. New supplies, backpacks, etc.

Somehow, Joey takes the cake with "First Day of School" stories. He himself has had a good laugh over these... so there is no harm in sharing them with all of you!

#1: I drove to school behind the bus to help Stefan get to class. Joey says to me... don't you come to my class (well, of course now I have to go to his class too!) After I get Stefan settled in, I head down to make sure Joey is set (when he was in 1st grade he said the same thing and went I went to check on him he was in the doorway like a deer in headlights). So, I enter his room and put my hand on his shoulder and tell him to have a good day. He turns and says, "What are you doing here?!?!?!" Another mom is standing nearby and said Joey, look at me I'm here taking video and pictures of my son. Joey just turned away, completely embarrassed.

#2 The kids get off the bus that afternoon. I see Stefan, I see all the neighborhood girls, but no Joey. I yell to the substitute bus driver to check for Joey... she can't hear me. So she crosses me across the street. I start to walk up the bus steps when Joey finally realizes that the stall is for HIM! He leaves the bus totally embarrassed. (traffic was held up in both directions) I ask him if he had fallen asleep or if he was just chatting with friends... "... no Mom, I was just daydreaming."

Oh, boy... what a year this will be!

and... Stefan just had a good day!